Sunday, August 14, 2011

Italian Stuffed Steak Rolls


Have I ever mentioned how much I love my Crock Pot?
Well, I do. It saves me so much time and energy. Between the Facebooking and the Tweeting and the Blogging, and the 30 handfuls of this, let's face it I need more time on my hands.
Anywhoo...
Slow cookers are a fickle kitchen appliance. I feel like many meals get dried out and tire rubber like. Bleck!
So, I just always add more sauce. I keep a little on the side, too, just in case.
These rolls are really yummy. I really like them because it has all the flavors of an Italian pasta dish, while not compromising the big, juicy masculine meaty steak. Without such, someone in this house would bulk and kick and scream. (Excuse me, Mr. Marine.)  I also love the recipe because if you don't have quite all the ingredients, you can surely improvise.  And in case you needed a third reason, it's made in the Crock Pot, saving me time and energy.

Italian Stuffed Steak Rolls

Serves: 4-6

Ingredients:
1/2 c Shredded Carrot
1/3 c Chopped Zucchini
1/3 c Chopped Red or Green Sweet Pepper
1/4 c Sliced Green Onion
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp Fresh Parsley
1 clove Garlic, minced
1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
6 Beef Round Steaks, tenderized
2 c Spaghetti Sauce or Marinara

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine carrots, zucchini, sweet pepper, green onion, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic and black pepper. Spoon 1/4 c of the veggie filling onto each piece of steak. Roll up steak around the filling and secure with toothpicks.
Place steak rolls in a slow cooker. Pour spaghetti sauce over the steak rolls.
Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or in high heat for 4-5 hours.
Discard toothpicks and serve sauce with steak rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment