Sunday, June 5, 2011

Greek Pasta Salad

  
I have had my "vacation." I'll let you guess to where...
Need a hint?
It was not tropical.
It was not filled with white sand and swarthy Hispanic servers.
I did not get to relax.
In fact, I hardly slept. I  was even more tired than before I "vacationed."
Answer: I went to St. George. Ask, me why. I have no clue. Traveling anywhere with an 11 month old is a joke. She didn't sleep. I didn't sleep. She was full of energy. I had no energy. I even got a taste of what those parents feel that have to drive around in the car to get the baby to sleep. And, I am here to say, I'm sorry. I'm glad Swayze is usually a very good sleeper when she is in the comfort of her own crib.
So, next time I decide to "go away for the weekend"... please tell me NO!
Time to get back to business. Well, actually this dish is not really a back to business dish. This one was born in an "I really don't feel like cooking anything... today, tomorrow, or for a week type of attitude." This is so simple, and definitely perfect for a hot summer day, or to bring to your next BBQ.

Greek Pasta Salad
Serves: 8

Ingredients:
1 lb Bow Tie Pasta, cooked and drained 
Juice from 1/2 Lemon
Cardini's Greek Dressing ( or Greek dressing of choice)
Salt, to taste
Coarse Ground Pepper, to taste
1 large Cucumber, diced
10 oz Grape Tomatoes, halved lengthwise
Chopped Parsley, to taste
4-6 oz Crumbled Feta

Directions:
Cook and drain pasta as directed on packaging.
Meanwhile, chop up all veggies.
Pour cooked pasta into a serving dish, or mixing bowl and transfer to a serving dish later. Squeeze the lemon half over the pasta. Add in the Greek dressing, start with about 1/2 cup. Throw in the cucumber, tomatoes, parsley and feta. Combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add more dressing as needed. Allow to chill, if time permits. ( I hope that it does.) 
Grill up some chicken or steak and serve over cold pasta for a main dish serving. Have a great Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment