Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Steak Fajita Nachos

I have a little confession to make.
We are all friends here, right?
Good.
So it begins like this. While I was working out one morning, in my half awake attempt to duke it out with Jillian Michaels I could only think about 2 things. One being how badly I wanted to fling my dumbell at her face, and two what was on tap for dinner that evening. I ran through the list of meals I had previously planned for that week, but as usual, nothing struck me. I started to think about cheese. Melty, gooey cheese. Cheese turned into nachos. Nachos reared it's ugly head and turned into fajitas. Dang. Which one?! Let's go nachos. Nachos with fajita style toppings! And so it went, I plugged through my workout, all the while my brain was on nachos.
Are we still friends?
If you are anything like me, this story does not strike you as odd. Totally normal, right?
That's what I said.

PS. I probably gained like 4 pounds just thinking about this. Which really means my workout was all in vain. Yeah, that sounds about right.


Steak Fajita Nachos
Serves: 2 or more

Ingredients:
1 lb Flank Steak, cut into bite size pieces
Corn Tortilla Chips, 2 platefuls
1 1/2-2 c Shredded Mexi Style Cheese
1 15 oz can Black Beans
1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced fajita style
Pico de Gallo
Guacamole
Sour Cream

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
On a grill or skillet, cook the steak to desired (wellness/doneness?) Remove from skillet.
Turn the heat to medium high, melt butter in skillet. Dump the peppers in the pan. Let sit for 1 min. Do not touch. After 1 min, toss to coat. Allow to get a bit charred. Remove from pan.
On 2 oven safe plates, arrange chips. Divide the cheese in 2 and sprinkle on chips. Place in the preheated oven, warming until cheese melts. Remove from oven.
Top the chips with black beans, peppers and steak. Place back inside the oven and allow to heat through.
Remove from oven top with guacamole, pico and sour cream. Share with friends! ( Or go hide in your walk in closet and eat fast!)

No comments:

Post a Comment