Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Almost Perfect Potato Salad

Ahh, potato salad...
I like potato salad. I do!
And I would eat it in a boat.
And I would eat it with a goat...

And I will eat it in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
It's so good, so good, you see!

So I will eat it in a box.
And I will eat it with a fox.
And I will eat it in a house.
And I will eat it with a mouse.
And I will eat it here and there.
Say! I will eat it ANYWHERE!

So, you see, I'm quite the fan. Now the reason I call this Almost Perfect Potato Salad, is because it is just that. Almost. See, my mom's potato salad is the only truly perfect potato salad in existence. And since we all know she does not "have" recipes for anything... I am left to my own devices to attempt to replicate. I think it comes pretty close.

Almost Perfect Potato Salad
Serves: 10

Ingredients:
2 lbs  Red Potatoes ( about 6 medium)
1 1/4 cup Mayo ( Miracle Whip works well too)
1 tbsp Mustard
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/3 cup Diced Green Pepper
1/3 cup Chopped Onion
Relish, to taste
6 Hard Boiled Eggs, chopped
Paprika
Dill

Directions:
Boil the eggs. To do so, place in pan and cover eggs with water, about an inch. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for about 3-5 min. Remove from heat and cover. Allow to sit for 15 min. Drain water and let eggs cool. Peel and chop. Set aside in fridge.
Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 min or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain well and let cool. Peel and cube. Set aside to cool in fridge for a few hours, if time allows.
To prepare the dressing, combine mayo, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add in the green pepper, onion and relish. Add the potatoes and eggs. Add a sprinkle of dill. Toss to coat. Cover and let chill in fridge for a few hours. Season with paprika. Serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment