Sunday, May 15, 2011

Basic Pizza Dough

"Nothin Beatsa Pizza. Pizza, Pizza!" Every time I think of pizza, I think of that little fat man in the toga for the Little Caesar's Pizza commercial. Pizza, Pizza. That said, I have never been a big pizza buff. I'm just not that into it. Although, as I explore the culinary world further over the years, I have really begun to like pizza. Pizza, Pizza. For me, it really begins with the crust. You have to have a great crust! Soft, thick and pillowy is the only way to go. Throw your favorite toppings on, and you are set. This is really the best pizza dough, EVER! So quick and so perfect. I guarantee perfection!

Basic Pizza Dough
Yields 2 pizza crusts

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups Warm Water
1 tsp. Dry Active Yeast
1 tbsp. Honey, warmed
4-5 cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Olive Oil, scant
1 tsp. Salt, scant 

Directions:
Mix together the water, yeast and honey. Let sit for about 5 min. 
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine flour, oil and salt. Pour in the water/yeast mixture. Combine. Knead until smooth and elastic. Add flour as needed.
Let rise in an oiled bowl, in a warm dark place for about 1 hr or until doubled in size.
When doubled, turn out onto a floured surface. Divide dough into 2 and form crusts as desired. 
Top with desired toppings. Bake @ 400 degrees for about 12-14 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment