Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting

Let us discuss a topic that is very near and dear to my heart. Shall we?

Frosting.

I love frosting.

Do you love frosting?

I don't just mean like it...like:

"Oh yea, I like frosting."

I mean, "GIVE ME MORE FROSTING!"

Like, you enjoy sweet slumber dreams about frosting.

No?

Yea, me neither.

This cake is really great too. I love the raspberry infused chocolate thing we got going on here.

I made these for a co-worker's birthday. They were yummy.

They are really pretty, too.

I love the raspberry on top.

I look at the photo and smile.

:) See? This is me, smiling.

I see that smile... don't try to hide it.

OK. Stop smiling and go make these.

Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes
Yields: 12 cupcakes

Ingredients:
1 1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/8 tsp Salt
3 tbsp Butter, softened
1 1/2 cups White Sugar
2 Eggs
3/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Milk
1/2 cup Raspberries, chopped

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with liners. 
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside. 
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well. Stir in chopped raspberries.
Fill cups 3/4 full. 
Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Frost when cool.


Buttercream Frosting

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Butter, softened
4 cups Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Milk

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, cream butter. Beat in sugar and vanilla. Add milk until frosting reaches desired consistency. 

No comments:

Post a Comment