Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mozzarella Bites


There are a few things you should know about ME.

1. I am not afraid of butter.

2. I think fat makes life food soooo much better. Food is all about indulgence.

3. Fried food = True Love.

4. I only work out approximately 27 min and 45 sec, per day.

5. None of the recipes posted here are Fat-Free or Low-Cal. Yuck!

6. I only eat about once or twice a day, and I must end my meal with something sweet. In case you didn't know, it's why I am so sweet.

7. This list is looking like more than a few, so I'll leave it at that. (For now)


Let's chat about these for a moment, shall we?
I really had fun with this one! I'm surprised at how lovely they turned out. Not greasy. At all.
Dang it.
A word of caution, don't be like me and try to get the most out of your cheese. Be generous when cutting your cheese, or you will end up with  hollow mozzarella bites. Sad. So sad.
Make these, soon!

Mozzarella Bites
Serves: 2-4

Ingredients: 
3/4 c Panko Breadcrumbs
1 tsp Italian Seasoning 
Pinch of Salt
1 Egg, Lightly Beaten 
8 oz  Mozzarella Cheese, Cut into 1/2- 3/4 inch slices, cut into bite size pieces
1/4 c Vegetable Oil
Marinara or Ranch, To Dip

Directions:
Combine breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning ,and salt.
Dip mozzarella in egg mixture, then coat with breadcrumbs mixture on both sides. Arrange cheese onto a plate. Freeze for 2 hours.
In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Fry until golden, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
Serve immediately with dipping sauce.

 Now, if I could only get my hands on some more cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment