Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Rice

I know, I know...
 Two chicken dishes in two days. I'm kind of on a chicken kick lately. It's actually due to the 5 or 6 lbs of it stowed away in my freezer, but let's not go into that now. Besides, chicken is cheap. Speaking of cheap, this dish is great because it uses all common pantry ( err... freezer) items. It also includes something else. Something special. Something that makes America what it is today. Yes! You've got it, Velveeta! 

No, please! Don't run away screaming or delete me from your blog list. ( Which if you are not currently following me, you need to look to your right of your screen and click Follow This Blog. Now! I need followers, it makes me feel better about myself.) It's okay! If I can embrace the plastic Velveeta, YOU can too! Just close your eyes. It helps ease the pain.



Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Rice
Serves: 6

 Ingredients:
1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, cut into bite sized pieces
1 can Chicken Broth (14 1/2 oz)
2 cups Instant White Rice
1/2 lb Velveeta, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
10 oz Frozen Chopped Broccoli, thawed
8 oz Sliced Mushrooms
Black Pepper
Lemon Pepper

Directions:
Cook and stir chicken in large skillet on med-high heat for 5 min, or until done.
Stir in broth, and bring to boil. Add rice, cheese, and broccoli; cover.
Remove from heat. Let stand 10 min, or until cheese is completely melted and broccoli is tender.
Add mushrooms, and stir until well blended. Season with  black pepper and lemon pepper.

I'm telling you! Embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment