Sunday, October 2, 2011

Squash and Cheddar Saute

I am almost embarrassed to share this with you.
I said almost.

I am going to share it for one reason, and one reason only. It's actually really good! Plus, I had to have a reason to whine and complain about how BIG, and I do mean BIG people grow their vegetables, particularly squash out here in Utah! We have a neighbor who insists on blessing our home with fresh garden vegetables. I just can't thank him enough. ;)
I think this about says it.
So, if you have any 3 ft. squash lying around, make this recipe. It's a great side dish.

Squash and Cheddar Saute
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
1 XXL Squash ( or 2-3 normal size squash), grated
1-1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 cloves of Garlic, minced
Garlic Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste

Directions:
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Grate the squash and saute in a little butter. After about 3 min or until tender and fragrant, add in the garlic and cheese. Stir well. Continue to saute for a few more minutes. Season with garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve next to a thick juicy steak. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment