Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sweet Pork Smothered Burritos

If you have not had the euphoric experience of eating Cafe Rio's Sweet Pork, I have only one thing to say to you; "Na-Na-Na-Na! Ha!"
It really is amazing. I can only imagine that it must be one of the very few reasons that people live in Utah. Lucky you, you don't have to move to the "Green Jello Capitol of the West" in order to share in this bliss. Thank you, World Wide Web! This pork is great for many reasons. First and foremost, it's delicious flavor. Second, it's versatility. It really can be used in so many dishes.Roll it up in a homemade tortilla, serve it on a bed of leafy greens, or between two toasty buns with melty cheese. I don't care how you eat it, just eat it!
I would love to be able to take credit for this ingenious recipe, but I can't. So, I won't. I will however give credit to my sister R, for sharing it with me though. Thanks!


Sweet Pork Smothered Burritos
Serves: 8-12

Ingredients:
4lb Boston Butt Pork
Rub pork with:
1 tbsp Chili Powder
1 tbsp Dry Mustard
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tbsp Salt
1/2 tbsp Pepper

Directions:
Put in slow cooker and cover pork with:
16 oz Coke
about 1 cup Brown sugar, adjust to taste
1/4 c Worcestershire Sauce, adjust to taste
1/4 Bottle BBQ sauce, adjust to taste
Cover and cook over low heat for about 6-8hrs. Shred with fork and serve burrito style.
For the enchilada sauce, use a small can of El Pato tomato sauce, and warm in a small saucepan. Stir in a 1/4 cup of cream cheese. Stir until melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment