Thursday, September 22, 2011

Peanut Butter Peanut Cookies

First off, I would like to formally apologize for my previous tragically inappropriate post. I don't know what I was thinking, a story about a rash shared with a cherry pie recipe?! Umm...ew! I think I really just needed to vent that one. I  don't think I ever meant that story to ever go into such depth. But, once I get going, it's hard to stop. ( Please, no that's what she said jokes! )
I vow to never share such a revolting post with you again.


Sooo... I'm pretty sure that peanut butter is like in the Top 5 comfort foods list. It's definitely right up there with chocolate and cheesecake. Or if you are from Utah, it would team up with green jello and peanut butter/pickle sandwiches. ( P.S I don't think this creamy treat has known a sadder day since the pairing with pickles debacle.)
But I'm not here to judge.
Who am I kidding? Yes, I am! That's just gross!
Anyway, these cookies are very simple. They actually scream simplicity. Really, they do. I just enhanced the traditional cookie by using crunchy peanut butter, which if you ask me, is the only way to go when it comes to peanut butter. And if you wanted to be extra indulgent, add some white chocolate chips. You will sleep better at night. Really, you will.


Peanut Butter Peanut Cookies
Yields: 2 dozen cookies


Ingredients:
1/4 c Sugar
1/4 c Brown Sugar, firmly packed
1/4 c Margarine, softened
1/4 c Crunchy Peanut Butter
1 tbsp Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 egg
3/4 c Flour, heaping
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1 cup White Chocolate Chips (if using)
Sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar, and margarine until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter, milk, vanilla and egg. Blend well. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Add chocolate chips if using.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in extra sugar. Place on cookie sheet and flatten in a criss-cross pattern using a fork. Bake @ 375 degrees for 8-10 min.

1 comment:

  1. i always go for the crunchy...these look great (: -heidi, posting from harley's account...i think...

    ReplyDelete