Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Sunday Roast

I can't carve a chicken.
I can't carve a turkey.
Or a ham.
It always ends up looking like someone hacked into with a weed wacker! Not appetizing.
Now that I think about it, I can't cut anything!
Brownies always end up uneven.
Cakes and pies? Forget it!
And paper...HA! The 3 year old demons children that I teach at church are more likely to cut a straight line than myself.

 But that's ok! I don't have to show anyone my cutting skills. I can always take a picture of the full bird/beast prior to my hack job. It's better this way. Trust me!

Roasted Chicken
Serves:4

Ingredients:
1 4-5lbs Whole Fryer Chicken
Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Rinse the chicken thoroughly, inside and out.
Pat dry with paper towels, inside and out.
On a cutting board or clean counter, lay the bird down and salt and pepper generously, inside and out. About a teaspoon of each. Make sure to get all sides seasoned well.
Next, drizzle olive oil over all sides of the chicken, rub and massage the oil in, covering the whole bird.
Roast in the oven for about 70-80 min. Mmmm.

Now, someone please come teach me how to carve!

No comments:

Post a Comment