Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo



I don't think I have ever made anything so delicious and so simple! I know that I have probably said that before, but I am forreals this time.
The alfredo sauce took all of like five minutes to whip up, and the chicken was so juicy and peppery! You could definitely have the chicken and the sauce done before the noodles even cooked; if you're the prepare ahead kinda gal. I'm not. I cook as I go. I hate it! I loathe it! It slows me down! I get all twirly and frantic then swear off cooking for life! Why not become the prepare ahead cook? Good question! I'm so glad that you asked that. I have a very simple but profound answer:
NO COUNTER SPACE!
See. Profound, right?
In another life, I will have a ginormous kitchen with miles of counter space. And my very own personal dish washer. Yes, definitely need someone to do the dishes.
But regardless of the size of your current kitchen, you can make this! Make it tonight. It's so good!

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
For the Chicken:
2 large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Garlic Salt
Black Pepper
Butter for pan

For the sauce:
1/2 stick of Butter
1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
2 cloves Garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 cup Parmesan Cheese, divided
12 oz Fettuccine

In a large skillet melt butter of medium high heat. Season both sides of the chicken breast and fry on the pan. Cook about 5 min and flip. Cover with lid. Cook another 5-7 min or until cooked through. Transfer to plate, slice into strips, then cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, have the water for the noodles boiling. Cook noodles according to package directions.
In a sauce pan, heat the butter and cream. Add the garlic, and season with salt and coarse ground black pepper.
In a serving bowl, add 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese,( you can go the easier route her and use the canned stuff, but for a real decadent flavor, grate your own!) Pour the sauce in and then toss with the drained hot pasta. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and chicken. Grind up extra black pepper if desired, and serve with crusty garlic bread.

DISCLAIMER:
Eater may need breath mints after consumption! I cannot be held responsible if your night does not end in a good night kiss!


1 comment:

  1. Yummmm! Thanks for sharing, Hollis! I'm going to try this, forreals:) Give Swayze a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete