Thursday, September 1, 2011

Roasted Garlic and Cheese Dip

I have good news and bad news.
Good news first! Always.
Good news is, I started school.
Bad news is, I started school. Blech!
I mean, right?

Obviously, I am need of an institution that teaches how to write in complete sentences, since this is something I apparently lack. :)
I have no clue what I am going to major in. So don't ask. I just want to finish start my degree.
Of course, the likely degree would be something in the culinary arts, but really, I do not want to trample my love for culinary arts with something like work.  So, for now, I'm undecided. I'm the plague to universities everywhere.

You most likely wonder what this has to do with this dip. HA!
Well, let me tell you...
Even though I am only taking 1 class ( I went from 3 to 2, down to 1), I am hard pressed for blog time.
Give me a break! The class is MATH!
MATH and I do not get along.
BUT...
I am determined to ace this class.
I have been telling "the man of the house" that with each lesson, I can picture the teacher's face and classroom that I had originally learned the method(s) in, way back when I had a mirror in my  celebrity poster adorned locker. The images of these middle/high school teachers haunt me. They were so mean! Why? Why are all math teachers mean?! Probably because they had to spend all their time learning those painstakingly dull concepts and never had any fun! Right?
Regardless, I am determined to pass this class. And because I will pass, I needed something super easy to snack on that didn't take much time to make or eat. This is what this dip has to do with school work.

Roasted Garlic and Cheese Dip
Serves: 2-4

Ingredients:
1 8oz pkg of Cream Cheese, softened
2 cloves of Garlic, Peeled, Roasted and Minced
1 1/2 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese, the jarred stuff
1/4 c  Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Coarse Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Dash of Lemon Pepper
2 Dashes of Cajun Seasoning
Dash of Dried Sweet Basil
1 tbsp Panko Bread Crumbs

Directions:
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Peel garlic and place onto tinfoil lined baking sheet. Let roast for a minute or two each side, or until fragrant. Remove from oven and mince.
Turn heat down to 250 degrees.
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, except bread crumbs. Adjust seasonings to your desired  taste. Transfer into an oven safe bowl and top with bread crumbs.
Allow to bake for about 5 min, and turn on broiler. Let broil until blackened on top. Remove from oven, and serve with crackers, chips or veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment