Saturday, November 12, 2011

Rosemary Garlic Bread

Let's talk a little about priorities.
I have lists. Lists of things. I'm a list maker.
Lists of things to do.
Lists of things to buy.
Lists of things I want.
Lists of things to clean.
Lists to create more lists. ( Yeah, I'm that kind of lady!)

And on said lists, I prioritize what needs to be done first and foremost. Then from that list, I list what is most likely to get done, and then I list what order those various tasks/chores/items will get done.

Are you following me still?

It's like this morning, I told Mr.S all that I had to do today. As he stood there scarfing down his breakfast before hopping into his daily 30 min shower, ( Yes, you read that right!) he stared blankly at me and quipped " Well, what do you want me to do?" I replied, "Nothing. I'm just letting you know all that I need to do." I then mentioned that out of all that I had to do, only about 2 or 3 things would actually get done. He replies, " You don't have to do any of that! You just do it so that you feel like you accomplished something at the end of the day." "Right. I clean toilets and mop floors because I couldn't possibly find anything else better to do!"

But I thought about that as I sat there holding Swayze listening to lullabies and signing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" for about the 7th time that morning. He was right. I do make life way more complicated than I need to. I make lists to occupy my mind and body. I think a busy person equals a successful life. ( No way was I going to admit that to him, though. Pssh!) True it is. The look on Swayze's face was more gratifying than a sparkling bathroom or a twinkling kitchen floor.

So here is to lists and priorities! Make time for those closest to us! Make time for them on one of those to-do lists!

This bread should help free up some time, too!

Rosemary Garlic Bread
Makes 2 loaves

Ingredients:
I loaf French Bread, halved to lay open
1 stick Butter, softened
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
2-3 pinches  Dried Rosemary
Cracked Pepper
Parmesan Cheese

Directions:
 Preheat oven to 375 degrees,
In a small bowl, mix the butter, garlic, Italian seasoning and dried rosemary.
Using your hands or a spatula, spread half the butter on one loaf half and then the other. Lay bread halves on a baking sheet. Crack pepper on each and sprinkle parmesean cheese.  Bake for about 5 min, or until blackened edges begin. Let sit for a few minutes and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment