Thursday, November 3, 2011

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

I have been in somewhat of a writing slump this past week.
And it's not just because I have been busy watching mind numbing amounts of television like Army Wives, SNL and Melrose Place. Thank goodness for Netflix. I mean, what would I do with my time if I actually had to use my brain after 8pm? Shoot me now, please!?

But, really. I go through phases. Phases when I don't know what to write, cook, bake, wear, or what eye shadow to use. Phases when I will write half a post, then shut my laptop because I seriously can't think of a single word to write. I'd like to be able to call that writers block... but you've got to have written to have writers block. Blah!

So in the meantime, while I find out if Roxy is going to forgive her alcholic mother for abandoning her, I'll leave you with this heartwarming soup. Enjoy!

Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
2/3 c Butter
2/3 c Flour
6 c Milk
4 c Baked Potato Cubes
1 bunch Green Onions, sliced
1 1/2 c Cheddar Cheese
1 cup Sour Cream
6 slices of Bacon, cooked and crumbled
Salt and Pepper, to taste
 3-5 dashes of Hot Sauce

Directons:
Bake potatoes at 400 degrees for 1 hour or until done. Cut potatoes lengthwise and scoop out pulp. Cut into cubes.
In a dutch oven or large pot, melt butter and add flour to create a roux. Slowly stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened. After mixture thickens, add remaining ingredients. Top with extra bacon, sour cream and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment