Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Steak with Creamy Peppercorn Sauce

I often wonder why I bother spend hour after hour, day after day cooking and preparing meals for my family.

First, there is the mental preparation, ie brainstorming. Then, there is the shopping. Picking up a little of this, a pound of that.Obviously the cooking is next; the chopping, the dicing, melting and sautee..ing? And of course, the last and most important step. The step that only those if us in "food blog-land" could understand. The presentation. The 45 shots of a plate of food. Now I know what you're saying. " You don't have to take pictures!"( Mr S. has said this on more than one occasion.) "You don't actually have to cook!" But truthfully, Mr. S could survive on raw meat and fruit snacks, while Swayze, well she apparently survives on yogurt and dry cereal.(Despite my best efforts.)

But...

What I have realized is that I do it for you. Ok, I do it for me, too. Because it makes me feel good to see a project all the way through, beginning to end. And lets face it, you have to see cooking till the end. The end result is the best part. Eating. Eating all that scrumdildly-umptious-ness!  So please, enjoy!

And someone please come to my house and give me a real reason to cook!

Steak with Creamy Peppercorn Sauce
Serves:4

Ingredients:
1 boneless Beef Strip Steak (1 lb) well trimmed
2 tsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Cornstarch
1/2 tsp Brown Sugar
1/2 c Beef Broth
1/2 c Cream Cheese, softened
2 tbsp Peppercorns

Directions:
Heat a large skillet or grill to med-high heat.
Brush both sides of steak with olive oil. Grill or cook on each side 4-6 min or until desired doneness. Remove from heat.
Meanwhile, mix cornstarch and sugar with whisk in medium saucepan. Gradually stir in broth, cook on medium heat 2 min or until thickened, stirring constantly. Add the cream cheese and peppercorns. Cook and stir 2-3min. 
Slice steak and serve topped with sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment