Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pear Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza

I have tried so hard to like imported cheeses.
And I am here to tell you, it's not working! I can't get past that awful smell. And the taste? Forget it.
In food-blog-land, it seems that the more exotic your ingredients, the better recipe/ foodblogger you are. Well... I just can't do it. Spending $20 on cheese that makes me want to hurl is not worth it for me. I'd no sooner eat turkey giblets than eat imported cheese again. Sorry.

I originally made this pizza with big chunks of Fontina cheese.( I will never do that again.) Feel free to do that yourself though. I will however be using mozzarella chunks. On the flip side, The pears and prosciutto and a sensational mix of sweet and salty. Then we throw in the arugula, and spice things up a bit. This pizza if easy enough to be low stress for you, but fancy enough to serve next time you have guests over. (Or, next time you feel like impressing yourself.)
Pear Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza
Yields 1 pizza

Ingredients:
1/2 recipe of Basic Pizza Dough
2-3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 pear, cut into thin slices
6 oz Mozzarella Cheese, cut into chunks
8 slices of Prosciutto
Arugula, for topping
Coarse ground Black Pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Prepare half or full recipe of my basic pizza dough. After stretching and forming the pizza dough, spread the balsamic vinegar on the crust, just as if it were sauce. Then, arrange the pears, mozzarella and prosciutto on top. Bake at 425 degrees for about 10-12 min or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Pepper with black pepper and sprinkle the arugula. Cut and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment