Thursday, November 17, 2011

Chicken Caesar Pasta

I have to tell you about this dish.

I don't know why I haven't told you about this sooner. Probably because I swore an oath to not make this for at least a year. This was my "go-to" dish when we first got married. I made it at least once a week. (We'll get back to this in a moment.)

I was not a "cook" when we first got married, in fact Mr. S cooked for me the first night in our apartment. ( He has not cooked since btw) I knew then that I had to learn to cook. My marriage was dependent on it. My family was a little leery about the adventure. Keeping me out of the kitchen seemed to become a pastime of some sort. I started with easy things, then dabbled with re-creating my mom's signature dishes that I ate growing up. This recipe, I came across in one of my mom's magazines. It was love at first sight! "I could make this. It's pasta and chicken!" And thus, my love affair began. Now, back to my previously mentioned oath. We ate this so much in our first year or two of "wedded bliss" that Mr. S became SO sick of it, he actually made me swear that I would not make it for at least a year. "SCOFF! UGH! ERRR! FINE!"

So, when my probation was finally up, this was first on my list. It tasted even better than I remembered. Let me know what you think.


Chicken Caesar Pasta
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
2 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, cubed
1/2 c Caesar Dressing, Vinaigrette Style (DIVIDED IN 1/2)
2 tbsp Yellow Mustard
10 oz Rotini
3 Plum Tomatoes, chopped
1/2 c  Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Italian Seasoning
 Fresh Parsley, for topping

Directions:
Cube the chicken breasts and place in a medium bowl. Add the first 1/2 cup of Caesar dressing and mustard to the chicken. Toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 min, allowing the chicken to marinate.
Cook the pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile heating a skillet over medium heat and cooking chicken until done. Drain pasta and transfer hot pasta to a serving bowl. Add the chicken, juices and all. Add the other 1/2 cup of dressing and a squirt of mustard. Season with Italian seasonings and black pepper, if desired. Add the 1/2 cup of cheese and tomatoes. Toss thoroughly to coat. Taste and adjust. Serve and top with freshly snipped parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment