Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sausage and Tomato Rotini

I know that there is that "bacon craze" going on right now. Well, actually for like the last year or so. I'm not on that bandwagon. No sir, not me. I'm a sausage girl all the way. ( My arms actually might start looking like a sausage soon if I keep skipping my work out.) But that's another story. A story involving me walking, and I may have, perhaps, sorta, sprained my ankle. It was sorta like that "blonde" joke about walking and talking. Or was it walking and chewing bubble gum? Who cares! Again, another story for another day.

Anyway. The smoky sausage infused with the rich tomato flavor provide a zing that you and I both will die for. Any sausage will do, though I am partial to the Tuscan Red Wine sausage, but again, any will do.


Sausage and Tomato Rotini 
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
4 cups Rotini Pasta
1 lb Italian Sausage, cut into chunks
1/2 Red Onion, diced
1/4 c Tomato Paste
1/4 c Sun-dried Tomato Dressing
1/4 c Fresh Parsley, chopped
1/4 c Parmesan Cheese

Directions:
Cook pasta as directed on package.
Meanwhile, brown sausage in large skillet over medium heat. Drain if needed. Stir in onions and tomato paste; Cover and cook 10 min, or until onions are tender and sausage is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Stir in dressing.
Toss sausage mixture with pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment