Saturday, April 16, 2011

German Peach Coffee Cake

When I came across the recipe in one of my mother's old cookbooks, I was completely drawn in. First of all, anything found in a tattered, dusty cookbook, immediately makes me feel like I tapped a goldmine. Second, was the German aspect of it. See, my mother spent much of her youth/adolescence in Europe. So again... a connection. Anyway, I thought this was definitely blog worthy.

German Peach Coffee Cake
Serves: 8

Ingredients:
2 cups Flour
3/4 cups Sugar, divided
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Butter
1 15oz can Peach halves, drained
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 Egg Yolks, beaten
1 cup Sour Cream

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Sift flour, 1/4 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly.
Press mix firmly into bottom and sides of lightly greased 9 inch springform pan.
Arrange peaches evenly over crumbs.
Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Mix well and sprinkle over peaches.
Bake @ 400 degrees for 15 min.
Blend egg yolks with sour cream and spoon over peaches.
Bake another 20 min or until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment